Search This Blog

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Teachers As Artists Exhibition Opening Friday, March 14th!

"High Stakes Standardized Testing," 62" x 39" as of March 7, 2014.
It is interesting to see the meager beginnings of this painting. Check it out!

Rhizome series sculpture is created with paint, cardboard and glue, is approximately 60 inches by 36.
I've been working up two pieces of art for Sandy Hall's annual Teacher As Artist Exhibition, opening this Friday, March 14th at 6 PM. I appreciate all of Sandy's effort in providing Indiana teachers with this opportunity to show their work. My painting represents the distortion to the educational process that the overuse of high stakes standardized testing represents.

1 comment:

Escuchando said...

Clyde Van Gaw is awesome! He has somehow gotten better with time. I guess that's natural, but he was already great.

Clyde, I love the details in the process of grinding students down to numbers that make schools look good. How foolish a process! How ignorant of real learning! How utterly anti-educational!

Great work, my brother. I love your work! I give you a 51 out of a possible 100. I'd give you more, but the piece is too negative. Big put down. Ignores the world-class Hoosier standards. Doesn't address the fine intentions of hard-working administrators who are caught in the political machines. Well, okay, I'll give you a 61, but I want you to know I could have flunked you.

Lots of love, man!